Banjo's Grill - Hastings, Ontario


I must say, we have finally found a restaurant in Trent Hills that we absolutely love, Banjo's Grill in Hastings Ontario at Lock 18. I have been there three times already, and have not been disappointed once. The food is fantastic and the service is outstanding. I have always said, you can't have one without the other.

Banjo's Grill located at 3 Bridge Street in Hastings, Ontario.

My first visit was back in July when we launched our boat at the neighboring Hastings Village Marina. My brother was visiting from Pennsylvania and we had lunch there. I was thrilled that we have a great restaurant located within walking distance to our boat. When I'm at the boat I'm there to relax and let someone else do the cooking. Plus they offer take-out, which is another bonus. They do have an outside patio overlooking the Trent River, but we chose to eat inside. Even with the doors opening and closing, on hot days it was always a nice relaxing temperature inside.


The second visit was this past Friday for the kick-off of the Hastings Festival. My husband and I had to arrive early Friday morning to move our boat to another pier to make room for the antique boats that were being showcased. We visited Banjo's for lunch. My husband had the poutine, which he enjoyed very much. The fries are fresh cut and they used real Canadian cheese curd. Since I had such an awesome burger on my first visit, I had to have one once again. The first time I had the Bacon Mushroom Swiss Burger and fries and this time I opted for the Mushroom Jack Burger. Both were excellent.

Bacon Mushroom Swiss Burger with gravy on the side.

I love burgers, and I must say this is the best burger I have had in the 14 years I have been in Canada. Its made with real fresh beef, not a frozen hockey puck as my Canadian husband calls some we have tried at other places and chains. When asked what I wanted on the mushroom jack burger, I only wanted raw onion and pickle. Next time I will ask for more than once slice of pickle, it was so good.

My brother had The Canadian Grill which he was amazed that it was real roasted turkey breast and not some fake processed turkey roll. He opted for gravy on the side also.

The Canadian Grill - Canadian Turkey, Back Bacon & Canadian Cheddar on
grilled bakery sourdough bread, served with honey mustard dipping sauce. 

They also have a decent beverage menu with beer, wine and bar shots. I had a rum and diet pepsi, that was made with just the right amount of rum, ice and pepsi. Perfect! And a clean glass to boot!

On the Sunday of the festival, we had friends who did a transient stay at the marina, and we went for breakfast. They served breakfast until noon. It was very busy, but it did take a bit of a wait for a table as it was a busy weekend but was worth the wait.

Every time I visited the service has been stellar, even on the Sunday when it was extremely busy.

The menu at Banjo's is quite extensive for the small place that it is. I'm looking forward to trying the steak, and the ribs, and quite possibly everything. I won't be taking any food from home to the boat, now that Banjo's is next door:-) And we were happy to find out they are open all year round, since its only about a 20 minute drive from home.

Banjo's Grill
3 Bridge Street
Hastings, Ontario
705-696-9898
www.banjosgrill.com

No comments:

Post a Comment